This Historical Map of the World, or Magna Carta Mundi, by Nicolaus Ioannis Vischerius, or Nicolaes Visscher I, has been used by different companies to produce jigsaw puzzles of different sizes. It is one of the most popular maps, although these large versions of the puzzle (5000 and 6000 pieces) are difficult to find. Ravensburger published this version in 1992, so it has been out of catalog for more 30 years now. There is even an earlier edition from 1990.
This puzzle is like NEW, with all the pieces SEALED inside the original plastic bag. The box is in very good condition, with some scuffs and small tears on corners, as you can see in the photographs.
There is a 6000 piece version of this map by Clementoni with the title Magna Carta. Furthermore, there is also a 4000 piece version by Piatnik. All of them are very difficult to find.
More information about Historical Map of the World:
- Puzzle size: 153 x 101 cm.
- Box size: 43 x 30 x 7 cm.
- Reference number: 17 415 7.
- EAN number: 4005556174157.
- Other titles: Historische WeltKarte; Mappemonde Historique; Antico Mappamondo; Historische Wereldkaart; Mapamundi Histórico.